Monday, April 29, 2013

Dear Baby Jace: 102 days to go!

Dear Jace,

Friday marked a new week for us. Currently, I am 25 weeks and 3 days pregnant with you.

We started the baby shower registry on Saturday, and though I still need to make a few tweaks here and there, I am confident that you will get just about everything you need from the baby shower alone! Watching your dad go through the aisles and pick out what was the absolute best had to be one of the most adorable things I've ever seen. He loves you so, so much already. As do I, of course! We get more and more excited with each passing day.

I had a day of confusion, sadness, and a complete feeling of being overwhelmed on Sunday, which I hope you didn't notice. As I thought about stuff you need, I realized I wouldn't be able to breastfeed you all the time as I had hoped. I thought it would be so easy. Monday through Wednesday I would periodically pump enough for when I went to work Thursday through Sunday. This could work, but I would be a slave to the pump and who knows if I could even get enough for you to eat while I'm gone.

I came to the realization that my dreams of solely breastfeeding you were going to go up in a cloud of smoke. Though there's nothing wrong with formula feeding, I wanted to give you the best possible start I could. Of course, I read about using both breast milk and formula, but I can't see how that would turn out well for a newborn's sensitive tummy. Who knows? It is a question for my doctor and I will be sure to get an answer from him. You best believe that I will breastfeed up until I go back to work!

Even though yesterday was an upsetting day for me, I got some awesome news! Your Auntie 'Manda may be able to make it to the baby shower! I think I would just die of happiness and possibly give birth then and there if my sister was able to make it! Having not seen her for 4 years, you can only guess just how much I miss her.

As for the pregnancy, it seems that my heartburn has gotten considerably worse at night and I have a sneaking suspicion that it is turning into acid reflux. I am sore the majority of the time, but that is to be expected seeing as I've gained 25 pounds so far. Plus, you are a growing boy, after all. You still are shy for other people. Grandma Becky is determined to feel you move, but of course, you are as still as a rock every time she tries.

I see this as an omen that you will be a good baby when she watches you! Haha!

Until next time, my love!

Loving you always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment