Monday, April 22, 2013

Dear Baby Jace: a new journey

(This blog was supposed to be published on April 6th, 2013 and never did.)

Dear Jace,

Seeing as your dad and I finally told your grandparents about you, I can use this blog for what I originally set it up for. Letters to you, my son.

A few days ago, April 3rd to be exact, we found out that we were expecting a bouncing baby boy (and "bouncing" doesn't even come close to what you do in there).

You became "he" instead of "it" and let me tell you, it was the best feeling in the world. I couldn't get over how amazing it felt to be able to call you by name. Of course, we had your name picked out long before you were conceived. I kept repeating your name over and over in my head. Jace Dylan...what a perfect name for a perfect boy.

I'm ashamed to say that your father and I are no where near where we wanted to be in life before we had children. Oh well, right? I promise you this, Jace, you will never know hunger or cold, boredom or fear. I will be sure that you are always as well cared for as you are right now, no matter what I have to sacrifice.

This is all for now. Let's see what these next few months bring us!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment