Wednesday, May 1, 2013

25 week appointment!

I had my 25 week appointment today and this was the one where I had to do the Gestational Diabetes Glucose test. I was told by so many people that it was the most horrible thing ever. I went in today thinking this was going to be the end of my life.

Dramatic, I know. I'm a giant pansy and the thought of having to down a whole bottle of foul tasting stuff didn't really fly by me.

Surprisingly, it wasn't as bad as everyone said. Now, I'm not sure if it was because I was hungry and thirsty, but it actually tasted kind of good! Definitely like flat orange soda, but I got the taste of that drink I was obsessed with as a kid. Tang.

I was weighed (I've only gained 20 pounds so far! Yippee!) and all my vitals taken and then I met with my doctor. The last time I saw him was April 3rd and the day after is when we had the gender reveal ultrasound.

He told me that everything was going great and there was nothing abnormal from the ultrasound! He measured my belly and was very pleased with my progress. He brought out the doppler to listen to the heartbeat and Jace wouldn't stop squirming and kicking at the doppler! It made me laugh! Just when we would get in a good spot, there would be a WHACK and I could feel Jace shifting to the other side. My silly boy <3

My next appointment is in 3 weeks and after that we start having appointments every two weeks! I'm so excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment