Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pet Peeves

I walked out of the house extremely optimistic this morning. Sure, I was wearing sweatpants and a bra that didn't really give me support, my hair was gross and thrown up carelessly in a pony tail, and my make up...oh, well, let's not get started on that. Regardless of my cruddy appearance, I was in pretty high spirits because the only thing I had to do today was make the monthly payment on our loan.

Keep in mind that I make the payment every month and my husband lost the payment book so I never have the account number...I also don't have the slightest clue what his social security number is. The bank has never once given me an issue. I figure they think "hey, we're getting our money somehow, right?"

Today, of all days, they decided to be difficult with me. Do you have the account number? No. Do you have the social security number of the person on the account? No. Are you on the account? I'm not on the loan, I'm authorized for the account. I'm sorry, we can't do anything unless we have that information.

What...?

Of course, my husband was already in work and being that he's only been there for 7ish weeks, I didn't want to bother him. So, I decided to call his dad....and call....and call....and call. By the 8th or 9th call, I was extremely frustrated and desperate because now the tellers are staring at me like I'm going to rob them (probably didn't help that I was dressed in all black).

Finally, my husband called me and gave me the information, but it did lead me to my biggest pet peeve in the world:

People who have cell phones, but never answer it.

This is a second time for my father-in-law, but in his defense, he was probably in the shower.

My mother is a prime example and she always ticks me off. She made a point to get a cell phone, though half the time she doesn't know how to use it. She will call me and I'll miss it by literally seconds and call her back....and it rings and rings and rings until I get to her voicemail. What are you doing that is so darn important that in the 10 seconds it takes me to return your call, you are away from your phone?

Then we'll play this annoying game of phone tag before I actually get a hold of her (she usually decides to call me when I'm driving).

I could blame it on the hormones. I could use Jace as a scapegoat for my irritation.

Nah, this has annoyed me since the day I got my first cell phone.

What are y'all's pet peeves?


No comments:

Post a Comment